Saturday, February 19, 2011

Obedience king


A man looked at me today as though I was a good person.
This is somewhat against the run of things.

I should say; a good dog-owning person, rather than a good actual person.
Nonetheless, I wasn’t sure what was happening.

Frank was to thank. No really.

You see there was a child, on the prom.

And he wanted to say hello, like he does with all people of a height where assessment indicates a free face lick is in the offing.
I didn’t see this parent’s horror as he pranced up, but I’ve seen many others.

For once though, voice and gesture firm, he responded to me. Correctly.

And the man, who in my mind is telling friends as we speak, looked up as we walked past, me between him, child and dog, and smiled.
Said thanks.
Thinks I can do that when I want.

Har har.

No comments: